24 Apr Colourful Quinoa Salad
A nutritious quinoa salad filled with flavour and colour including fresh herbs, pistachios and pomegranate. Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish (www.livelovenourish.com.au).
This recipe is free from gluten and dairy. Vegan friendly.
3 cups (420g) cooked quinoa, chilled
1.5 tbsp (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp (60ml) fresh lemon juice
1/2 small red onion (or 3 spring onions), finely chopped
1/2 cup (10g) fresh mint, chopped
1/2 cup (10g) fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 cup frozen baby peas
Arils from 1 fresh pomegranate
1/3 cup (45g) pistachios, chopped
Pinch pink salt & black pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine cooked and chilled quinoa with olive oil, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir through through red onion, mint and parsley.
- In a small heatproof bowl pour boiling water over peas to thaw (leave for 2-4 minutes). Drain well.
- Stir through peas and pomegranate seeds through quinoa.
- Season to taste.
- Add pistachios just before serving.
This recipe was designed by Brisbane nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. For more healthy, sugar free recipes please visit her website www.livelovenourish.com.au
Follow Live Love Nourish on Instagram @livelovenourishaus or Facebook.com/livelovenourish